Shit biscuits, this has been a busy week.
Over the last 9 days, I’ve:
- Stage kittened two back to back Superstars of Burlesque shows. They were amazing. My shoes, on the other hand, were not. My feet were bleeding at the end of the night. Burlesque ain’t always pretty, y’all.
- Taken workshops with Dirty Martini, Julie Atlas Muz, and Tigger. Just being able to spend an hour with these people and listen to what they have to say is worth their weight in gold g-strings. More on that later.
- Started a new, fancy on-staff art modeling job at a fine art school. I then proceeded to log 40 hours in 4 days. That’s a whole lot of not moving. My back was a wreck at the end of it. One of the students asked me if I played a lot of freeze tag when I was little.
- Delivered my first 30 seconds-ish of my new student show number to Professor L’amour. She turned on the light bulb in my brain for something that wasn’t feeling right. She’s awesome.
- Purchased materials for, designed, patterned, and constructed my outfit for tonight’s Speakeasy (my first one!) Remember that sketch I posted? Well, the design took itself in another direction. These things happen. But I’m pretty happy with the outcome. Check it:
I lost the ruffle idea and the top wasn’t working out with the gathers. I’ll try it again for a future piece. I’m pleased as punch with how the skirt came out, though. I built this strappy g-string contraption that goes underneath for extra wham factor. I’ve had these ideas floating around in my head for ages and I feel better to have them worked out. And the whole outfit cost me less than $30. If you want to see the full ensemble then get your asses to this tonight:
I have to be there in three and a half hours. That’s just enough time to eat a sandwich, squeeze in some special Mike time, shower, shave, and glamorize. Then dance and come home, shove some food in my face, maybe more special Mike time, then hit the hay. I have to be up at 6 a.m. for another 10 hour day. I am a busy stripper.